Closing place information

Submitted: Friday, Apr 26, 2024 at 15:36
ThreadID: 147591 Views:543 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
Hi everyone, sorry this is most likely a very basic question but how do you close off place information from the map screen after you've tapped it opened & viewed it? I can't seem to get rid of things after I've opened them?
Thanks very much
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wicket - Saturday, Apr 27, 2024 at 08:36

Saturday, Apr 27, 2024 at 08:36
Not really sure what you mean but if you tap anywhere on the map the small box will disappear. If its the bigger more detailed half screen the just tap on the map symbol top left of screen.
AnswerID: 645734

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, Apr 27, 2024 at 09:56

Saturday, Apr 27, 2024 at 09:56
Hi Brenda,

Whilst there are people on here who can answer your question with regard to the Traveller App, you are better asking technical questions on the help desk. The real experts are those that built the app.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645736

Reply By: Member - Happy Explorer - Sunday, Apr 28, 2024 at 13:02

Sunday, Apr 28, 2024 at 13:02
Hi Macca
This cut and paste response of yours is starting to become monotonous. In the past I have read your replies with interest and generally respected your views on a whole range of topics. Of late though you seem fixated on reeducating all users of this forum that do not use it just the way you might like or think it should be used. People ask the question here because it is a general question to fellow users. To keep hammering your point could seem a bit condemning and sort of treating them as lesser beings.
You may have lost sight of the fact that this is an Exploroz forum.Well I thought it was anyway.
Second point is that generally posts have a title that explains fairly clearly the intended content of the post. If the reader is not interested in the problem or the solution then it is every readers prerogative to pass over and not read posts that are not of interest to them.
I for one actually find some of these questions interesting and the solutions useful information.
There are many readers willing to jump in and help the poster resolve a simple issue on this forum. I am sure that David and Michelle appreciate not having to deal with the simple issues that just need a bit of clarification eg. this one.
No doubt there are the more technical problems that are best left to D&M and that is fine. Often they will step in and suggest direct contact with them if the problem is not of a general nature.
Yes Brenda C, it is a very basic question but one that is well worth asking here and you promptly got your answer. Good work.
Roy G.
Toowoomba
AnswerID: 645745

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 10:41

Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 10:41
Seeing we are in critical moods, let me point out that this should not be a separate reply, it should have been a followup to what you are responding to. Also, by the third day, David usually picks up that the OP has not been answered. Isn't he away travelling at present and not getting to the forum as regularly as he likes to? Questions here would assist him keeping thing bubbling along.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 926123

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 07:28

Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 07:28
Hi Roy,

Firstly, thank you for your response, and I will take note of your feedback.

Secondly, my response to the OP’s question was not “cut & paste” as you have suggested, although this may have been a “tongue-in-cheek” remark on your part. My response was not meant to be condescending or disrespectful in any way.

I was under the impression that a forum is to discuss various issues and points of view, in this case Exploring Australia. Talking about various aspects of travelling the remote tracks etc. of this great country of ours. Seeking advice on the best routes, the best camping spots. Even some technical aspects relating to camping products, repairs to vehicles, trailers, radios, GPS units ect. and general “round the camp fire” discussions.

Whilst I agree some others may not share my view on this matter, technical issues relating to the Exploroz Traveller or Tracker apps. should be asked of the help desk. David and Michelle have even advised this in a couple of responses to other questions relating to technical issues with either of these apps. I also agree that some others may benefit from some of the responses to these questions, the best technical advice will come from the people who designed and built these apps.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645750

Follow Up By: Member - Ups and Downs - Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 08:24

Monday, Apr 29, 2024 at 08:24
It's my experience that usually if one person feels the need to ask a question then there are may others who don't know, or would like to see, the answer.

Having the answer available to many rather than only to the one who asked is in my opinion the best way to go.
FollowupID: 926122

Sponsored Links